...and our students speak for themselves
- "If I had to sum up my 4 weeks in one word it would be ‘inspirational’" - Bridget
- "Fran, you weren't only an amazing cookery teacher but you also were very caring towards us, making sure we were ok in the evenings talking to us" - Zena
- "I recommend this cookery course to anyone who wants to improve their skills and learn new ones, whether pursuing a career in yachting, chalets, private chefing or solely taking the course for their personal growth"
- "The other night some French clients asked if I'd trained in France and when I explained, seemed to find it quite incongruous that an English person who learned to cook in England could produce such enjoyable food"
- "I’ve never worked anywhere that gives so much freedom, respect and support to young people"
- And that’s just for starters! Click student feedback to see what else our students have said about us and take a look at our interactive map to see where they are now.
6 Great Reasons to choose our Cookery School
- By the end of our four week cookery course you will be cooking to the standard you would expect to find in a good restaurant
- On our four week cookery courses you will receive a certificate which is very highly respected within the cookery industry
- Unlike other many other cookery schools we give you the chance to gain practical and valuable experience by giving you the opportunity to work one or two evenings in local restaurant kitchens during your stay with us
- Our cookery school has a superb purpose built fully equipped kitchen with plenty of working space and easy visibility for cooking demonstrations which is the ideal environment for you to perfect your cookery skills
- Our partners personally deal with all your enquiries - you are assured of a friendly informed response
- For Armed Forces students we are a Preferred Supplier to Career Transition Partnership
Our Cookery School was featured on C4 "Country House Rescue"!
Channel 4's challenging series featured The Gables School of Cookery as a successful example of a friendly and personal cookery school business. In Episode 2, which was aired on the 16th December 2008, Ruth visited Elmore Court, which needed to create a viable business in order to cover its huge annual bills. Ruth investigated the idea of setting up a cookery school at Elmore, and then visited the Gables School of Cookery for inspiration...
Read more about it here or click on the Channel4 symbol opposite to view the program.
The Gables on BBC Radio Bristol
Chris Winston and Laura Graham one of our 4 week students who recently worked on a high profile Royal yacht based in the Indian Ocean, were interviewed by John Darvall about the "5 by 25" national cookery campaign. Go to the link opposite to hear the interview.
(If you have problems playing the audioclip you may download it here and play it with a program of your choice e.g. Window Media Player.)
Click the photo above to view a virtual tour
of the cookery school kitchen
Which Cooking Course is Right For You ? Find Out Below:-
Easy Dinner Party One Day Course
Join our popular Easy Dinner Party one day course to learn how to prepare an elegant array of dishes that will impress your friends and family at your dinner party. Look forward to serving dishes such as Roast Rump of Lamb with Redcurrant Jus and Artichoke Mash, or Duck Breast with Berry Sauce, Cheese & Herb Pate with Melba Toast and Strawberry Custard Cake. This is achieved through teaching and demonstration of techniques aimed at reducing the stress of dinner party cookery including tips and shortcuts. Just click below:
Tell me more about the Easy Dinner Party Course
Italian Cookery One Day Course
Make the tastes and smells of Italy a regular part of your cooking portfolio. Learn how to prepare and cook exciting dishes such as Calamari, Minestrone, make Fresh Pasta for Ravioli, Basil Pesto, Panacotta with Berry Sauce and much, much more. This one day course is ideal for students who have a basic to intermediate level of cookery skill. Just click below:
Tell me more about the Italian Cookery Course
Thai Cookery One Day Course
Join this popular one day course to explore the cookery of Thailand. Learn how to prepare and cook exciting dishes such as Chicken & Coconut Soup (Tom Kha Gai), Gaeng Keow Wahn Gai (green chicken curry), Thai Spring Rolls(Poh Pia Tod), Yum Pla Foo (crisp fish salad with chilli lime dressing) and Sticky Rice Custard. This one day course is ideal for students who have a basic to intermediate level of cookery skill. Just click below:
Tell me more about the Thai Cookery Course
Indian Cookery One Day Course
Discover the secrets of just how to produce the authentic Indian Cookery flavours that can be so hard to reproduce at home. You will be encouraged to cook regional Indian favourites such as Beef Madras, Goan Fish Curry, Bombay Potatoes, Aloo Tikka including starters, dips and dessert. Just click below:
Tell me more about the Indian Cookery Course
Vegetarian Cookery One Day Course
Learn how to cook healthy and nutritious Vegetarian dishes that add variety and taste appeal. Whether you are passionate about animal rights or about maintaining a careful lifestyle you will find that the Vegetarian Cookery tuition you receive will help you to expand your imagination and range of cookery ideas. Stimulate your taste buds with dishes such as Chestnut Risotto Cakes, Mixed Vegetable Curry, Mushroom Stroganoff, Potage Parabere and Twice Baked Souffles. Just click below:
Tell me more about the Vegetarian Cookery Course
* "Cart & Balloons" foodscape photo copyright © Carl Warner